Life lessons AWESOME

Old 09-22-2004, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life lessons AWESOME

Yesterday I stopped into my meeting place to grab a cup of coffee and some fellowship before going home around noon. Outside was a couple of friends, one who I was contemplating on working with to be my sponsor. She asked me a couple of things if I were doing and I said no I wasn't and told her that when I can I will but at the moment I am unable to do those things I will get with her because of health related issues.

At that moment she started quoting the big book and stating one word phrases, kind-of like bomb-barding me and making me feel bad and I told her so and she continues with, " I can't make you feel anything, your in charge of how you feel." - BULL **** Well, I was feeling fine until she started "preaching" to me. I told her that I didnt need someone else to be taking my inventory at this time and maybe she needed to concentrate on herself and then the conversation was ended there. It was in the best interest of both of us to do so.

My program is not near what it should be and I know that there is alot that I need to work on, but I am not some new comer either. I do have a little time, 2 1/2 years of sobriety is not a sneeze and something must be working for me.
I went inside the meeting hall and still had my fellowship, decided not to have coffee and my friend that I had the difficulty came in and we were laughing and sitting at the same table, funny how that works.

When I can let you be you and you can let me be me then things start to work out in life, when I struggle to change those things is when crap hits the fan. :smlove2: So that is my lesson that I just learned at this very moment.

Thanks for listening
Prepjackie
Old 09-22-2004, 05:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hi Prepjackie,
I really enjoyed reading your post this morning. I'm new to sobriety and have attended a couple of AA meetings. I've been hearing buzzwords about taking inventory. I don't really understand fully what it is, but I like the way you handled the situation and I hope to learn more about inventory. It sounds like it's a list of things that need to be worked on and I've got plenty of those. Anyway, thanks again for posting and hope your next meeting goes well.
Sandy