Slip up!

Old 09-15-2004, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MTB

Slip up!

Hey all,

Just wanted to admit that I slipped. I went on business trip to Chicago, and got caught up in the excitement. I went with some guys downtown to Rush Street; bars galore. A voice in my head had told me, "you haven't had a drink in 4 weeks, so drinking tonight won't hurt you!" I drank until I was completely bombed, blackout and all. The next day was a horacious hangover that lasted all day! If nothing else, this slip has strengthened my resolve and reminded me to be on guard at all times - I have to watch for that little "voice" that seems to make me forget all the reasons why I want and need to quit drinking. Hope everyone is doing well.

mtb
Old 09-15-2004, 03:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Proud of you mtb! Some say we have to slip to truly appreciate our clean time. Keep coming back
Old 09-15-2004, 05:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

good for you for dusting off mtb! you will rock on!

hugs,

dot
Old 09-15-2004, 08:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MTB

Thanks guys! I appreciate the support and I'll definately be coming back! Best of luck.

mtb
Old 09-15-2004, 08:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you're welcome, anytime!

hugs,

dot
Old 09-15-2004, 08:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

MTB6393,
I'm in the same boat you are! However, I don't consider my episode a slip, I took a drink after 71 days sober knowing exactly what I was doing, thinking I could control it "this time", had a nice long break, 1 or 2 won't hurt!

I didn't stop with 1 or 2, I got so loaded I threw up (I normally never throw up from alcohol) blacked out, passed out, woke with a godawful hangover, threw up some more, had to take care of our 2 year old son (which I couldn't) so I had to call my Mom and confess what I had done so she would come and take care of him, he missed his 2nd day of nursery school because I was too drunk and hungover to drive him there!

Here it is 3 days later and my spirit is still severly wounded! I'm done crying but I will NEVER forget how I felt and still feel, not only the hangover, but worse, the despair and emptyness in my heart! I long for those 71 days sober, the way I felt, the confidence I had, I really liked myself and I've let myself down tremendously!

I know eventually I will feel worthy again of being and staying sober but what a setback to bare for one night of drinking!

You can stay sober, you've done it before, you can do it again! My prayers are with you!

Last edited by Suckerpunched; 09-16-2004 at 04:55 AM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 09-15-2004, 09:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

man,

do you both attend aa meetings on weekly basis. This alcoholism is serious stuff guys it will kill us be careful out there doing research. remeber we are not like other people that drink we cannot stop once we take that first sip, so don't take it ever again. it would take discpline to not go to rush street i know i have been there in my drinking days. The big book says to avoid bars unless we have legitimate business there, best of luck to you both I will pray for you