Alcoholism saved my life!

Old 01-17-2016, 01:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Alcoholism saved my life!

Accepting the fact that alcoholism is the only disease/illness that will kill you whilst at the same time telling you, you haven't got it, the only respite from which is absolute respite from drinking alcohol.

Recognition and acceptance of this very salient fact, in myself, saved my life!

The Serenity Prayer taught me 'to accept the things I cannot change', just about anything, family, friends, the economy, the weather, the past, the future etc., etc. and 'to change the things I can', me and my opinions of myself and perception of the world around me....

Change your perception, change your life....

On that vein and in my efforts to make spiritual progress I like these, both of which come under the heading of the Spirit of the Universe', and falls within what I refer to as,'the God of my understanding'...

'At the center of the universe is the Great Spirit, and that center is really everywhere.' - Black Elk

' A human being is part of the whole, called by us universe part of time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion!

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons near us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature of beauty,' - Albert Einstein

Anyone like me, who in my drinking day really did live a delusional life, will see the truth in both these quotations and a life lead in recovery, hopefully to lead to prolonged and lasting sobriety...which leads me to reiterate the fact , as proof that all I've said in the content of this thread that alcoholism, really did, save mine and I'd suggest countless others lives.

If it worked for me, it'll work for you to...