Even after well over 7 years of sobriety ...

Old 12-18-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Even after well over 7 years of sobriety ...

Even after well over 7 years of sobriety, with the proviso that it's the quality of it, not the quantity, I always enjoy the opportunity to share my experience strength and hope . Done to help others, including myself, recover from alcoholism.

Ofv which one of the great truths is that it's the only illness/disease that'll tell you, you haven't got it whilst at the same time killing you.

Whether acknowledging and responding to others or even posting my own threads, specally when they're acknowledged or responded to by way of constructive comment or criticism. Engaging, on the rare occasions in short, usually brief , if not necessarily in content, exchanges of personal messages with others, etc...

It always refreshes and renews me with the 'knock on' effect of providing me with a greater sense of both purpose and identity in accepting and recognising that I suffer from alcoholism.

Reminding me of Carl Sandburg's words,'A society ( or individual, my words) that forgets where it came from will destroy itself,' which I find is a great help, and I hope others, ingoing some way to securing my ongoing recovery ...
Old 12-18-2015, 12:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I enjoyed your post :-) thanks
Old 12-19-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

fyi: Carl Sandburg was the name of my high school Enjoyed the post