Words of Wisdom.

Old 09-09-2004, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Words of Wisdom.

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20.00 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?" Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this. He proceeded to crumple up the $20 dollar bill. He then asked, "Who still wants it?" Still the hands were up in the air. Well, he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air.

My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who DO LOVE you. The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by WHO WE ARE. You are special- Don't EVER forget it."

Count your blessings, not your problems. And remember: amateurs built the ark ... professionals built the Titanic.

If God brings you to it - He will bring you through it.

Old 09-09-2004, 02:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

JUST THE UPLIFT I NEEDED.
ALMOST LIKE A SLAP IN THE FACE,THANKS....ted
:wow:
Old 09-09-2004, 03:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Castaway

JUST THE UPLIFT I NEEDED.
ALMOST LIKE A SLAP IN THE FACE,THANKS....ted
Thanks Doug,
My reaction wasn't quite as painful as Ted's....but I needed it just as much.
Sandy
Old 09-09-2004, 03:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by Doug
The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by WHO WE ARE. You are special- Don't EVER forget it."
You know Doug, there may not have been a more appropriate day for me to read your post, and that sentence in particular.
No matter what anyone may say, I am a living, walking amends every day that I don't drink or use other drugs. That's who I am.
Thanks for yet another timely post Doug.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Truth is the only lasting joy

Peace,
I had read about this a few years back, it moved me so much that I have used this a few times in prison lectures/workshops. Very effective among the inmates because we all want to feel worth. Thanks for sharing this peice with us.
Shakur
Old 09-09-2004, 03:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doug
A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20.00 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?" Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this. He proceeded to crumple up the $20 dollar bill. He then asked, "Who still wants it?" Still the hands were up in the air. Well, he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air.

My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who DO LOVE you. The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by WHO WE ARE. You are special- Don't EVER forget it."

Count your blessings, not your problems. And remember: amateurs built the ark ... professionals built the Titanic.

If God brings you to it - He will bring you through it.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Thank you so much for posting that Doug

Patsy
Old 09-09-2004, 05:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good stuff...as usual...(((Doug)))
Old 09-09-2004, 05:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you Doug.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you, Doug. Great inspiration.

One more word about the Titanic -- another reason why it sank is because the builders boasted that it was unsinkable. :titanic

I'm beginning to realize that whenever I boast that I am unsinkable -- I sink. :sink
Old 09-10-2004, 06:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Castaway

I'm beginning to realize that whenever I boast that I am unsinkable -- I sink.
This is true, Chrisman. Even a little hole can sink a big ship. Have a nice day.
Sandy