Hard to read some posts

Old 09-06-2004, 10:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Hard to read some posts

Even though I stopped using cocaine in April of this year, I never really got any help for it. I don't even have anyone to talk to about it... which is why I'm glad I found this message board.

The problem is, is that I've been reading through some of the posts and they've been really getting to me... like it's triggered some bad feelings. It's hard to read about certain things. Is it good to just try to push the past away and try not to remember anything about it? Because every time I get a reminder about the past, I lose it. But I feel like I have to deal with certain issues, because they haunt me every day and it affects my life... but I don't know how to deal with it.

I start feeling hopeless and suicidal. And because of other things going on in my life, I feel so trapped and I don't know what to do.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

I don't feel it's good to push your past away. It has to be dealt with at sometime. Your past is a part of you, it can't be denied. Problems develop from trying to sweep things under the carpet. I believe the best solution is to face problems head on and deal with them. Have you ever considered going to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting? I'm an alcoholic and not knowledgable on the subject, but feel you could benefit from the meetings. There would be people who understand and could help you sort through your issues. You must deal with your feelings and address your suicidal feelings. There is hope and help out there. Don't give up Sarah, you are the only one who can change your life for the better. Continue to reach out for help and seek recovery. The knowledge you gain will help you to cope with your feelings. Good luck and take care...

Talia
Old 09-07-2004, 04:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Doug

Working on and in your recovery can help deal with that stuff.

Leaving sit or trying to ignore it may work for a while, and it may hit you head on and help get you back out there using again.

The past is over and done now and we can't change it. And the old habit of dwelling on it is hard to break.

What we can do is work on trying not to repeat our past, and move forward and grow. And replace those old bad habits with new ones.

It is tough in the beginning, but it does get easier over time, with some work on our part.

I'm glad your here and I hope you continue to read and post, your not alone.