Providing opportunities...

Old 08-15-2015, 01:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Providing opportunities...

In recovery, followed by what is now prolonged and hopefully, lasting sobriety. One day at a time, right!

Setting aside the obvious benefits of not drinking, health, finances etc.one of the gratest gifts, amongst the many, is that it's provided, for me and I hope many others, oportunities, varied and many, to which I'm nsure many others in the same happy position, can add. Beyond anything I'd ever dreamt or thought of in my drinking days.

The greatest of these being that it allows me, to just be myself. A far cry from the delusional life, lead by me and I'm sure, many others, when I was drinking...

Allowing me to lead an existence not built on fame, fortune or status but to build a spiritual life and relationship, with the God of my understanding. Whom may not be your God, but one personal to me, whether a He, She or It.

Very much assisted by William Knauss, on of the pioneers of cognitive psychology, statement,'What happened to you may not be your fault, but thinking about it is your responsibility.'

Complimented by the , recently discovered anonymous text,' God doesn't give us what we can't handle. God helps us handle the things we're given.'

Which I find not only adds to but enhances, the opportunity, in recovery. Of my simply being myself, as Im hope it does for others to....