I'm Fixing a hole where the Rain gets in ...

Old 07-31-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm Fixing a hole where the Rain gets in ...

I'm Fixing a hole where the Rain gets in, and stops my mind from wandering ... where it will go
... an old Beatles tune

I'm doing good these days, now that I am living Happy, Joyous and FREE. Then yesterday all hell broke loose against me (Life doing what it often does on Life's terms). I kept thinking that the ONLY way I had of dealing with being in that state of mind ... back when I was in the horrible state active using had drug me to ... was to get #@*k#d-up

I ran thru the 12 Steps, reflecting on my issues in the light of each step, and called / texted a few of my friends in the program (including my sponsor).
Of course one of the common themes discussed was if I had ...prayed and meditated about it
,,, just kidding about the grooooaaaan!

Today ... I still got the same $#!+ slamming me today ... but hey ... I've got friends in a Program that REALLY works, and the Creator of the Universe as my HP ... and I've got Sober Recovery community !!!

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE
Old 07-31-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

RDBplus3 Sounds like you have It going on makes me feel Great knowing if you keep working it - There's no limit on what you can overcome
Thanks for sharing this is wonderful !
Old 08-01-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Redmayne

As John Lennon said....

As John Lennon said,'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans...'

Perhaps aided by what Epictetus, a lame slave who became on of the most most respected Greek, Stoic philosophers...

Man is not disturbed by things, but his view (perspective) of things.'

Suggesting that, especially in recovery, it's best to keep your perspective on those things, including people and events, that occur around you..which your clearly doing. Great!