Recovery, together, hand in hand

Old 06-11-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recovery, together, hand in hand

There is a gift awaiting those seeking. You can get and stay sober if that’s what you want.. it’s not an easy step to make, that’s ok. Fighting for something we want only makes it that much more beautiful. Being grateful to not wake up shaking or sick is a gift. Being truly grateful or life itself and the struggles, gift. Building solid relationships that you can bring light too instead of darkness, gift. These are things I’m learning as I grow along spiritual principles in the journey of recovery. Why be alone in guilt, fear, shame, anger, anxiety, we can get and Stay sober together! It takes a first step
Old 06-12-2015, 03:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Thank you..

Thank you, for this intelligent, articulate thread indicating in its content, that it was written to share your experience, strength and hope in a manner that's an example to us all... I feel humbled by your presence.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Reading posts like this makes me even more positive that I can do this. It makes me look forward to a sober life instead being terrified that I can never drink again.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Special relevance..

On a day that saw the funeral of Charles Kennedy, aged 55, a highly respected and much loved Member of Parliament here in the UK. Who died recently from a massive haemorrhage linked to his alcoholism.

This post has lifted my day and made the world seem a brighter place, giving it special relevance, thank you...