The bird, the cow and the cat - a story...

Old 06-11-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

The bird, the cow and the cat - a story...

It was the coldest winter the country had seen for years, snow lay thick on the ground, high winds and blizzards blew, with the temperature dropping by the hour.

Seeking warmth and shelter, the little bird flew into the barn and perched on a high beam. It soon, in the warm atmosphere, became drowsy to such an extent, it lost its grip on the beam and fell to the cobbled floor of the barn. Knocking itself unconscious in the process.

Seeing this, one of the cows, stabled in he barn, wandered over to examine the inert body of the bird lying on the floor. Finding nothing of interest, it turned round, dumped on the bird and wandered back to join the other cows.

The heat and warmth now surrounding the bird revived it, to the extent that realizing its predicament. It forced its head above the surface and began to tweet, for help...

The farm cat, asleep on a bale of hay, awoken by the bird's cries, padded over to investigate the source of the tweeting.

'Help me, help me,' tweeted the bird.'

'No problem,' replied the cat, whereupon it scooped the bird out of the mire with its paw.

'Oh, thank you, thank you,' tweeted the bird.

'My pleasure,' replied the cat and promptly ate the bird!

The moral of this story being, not everyone who dumps on you, is your enemy and not everyone who drags you out of the mire, is your friend.

The lesson , in recovery being that you shouldn't interfere with anothers recovery, nor should you interfere with your own. The consequences of which could be dire, even more so if you do both at the same time.

Which in turn suggest that it might be a good idea, to engage your brain before you express your thoughts, however you may do so...