My 'demons' work for me now...

Old 06-03-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

My 'demons' work for me now...

I'm always troubled when following , regrettably, the demise of some public figure, it's often the case.That when those who knew them are paraded by the media when they all invariably , at some point make the point that, the deceased person was confronting or fighting their 'demons'... in what, given the outcome, was a losing battle!

I've yet to hear someone say, 'My 'demons' work for me now'...

In the context, in recovery, for me, my 'demons' made it clear, beyond all reasonable doubt, that I totally without my permission, suffer from inherent alcoholism. Although in truth, it doesn't matter if you drank your way into it, they still do the same job.

My 'demons' taught me, if I was to confront them, whatever program or path I chose, it required from me, not them, to have a determined, uncompromising or intimidating attitude. Which in the US, I understand is the definition of a 'badass' a term which I think quite suits me...

Undertaking this, in the progress made in my recovery, my 'demons' saw my health, physically and mentally, together with my finances and lifestyle improve...not least on the spiritual front. Returning me to the God of my understanding...

All this to the extent that my 'demons' work for me now, providing a daily reminder that I suffer from the illness/disease of alcoholism and always will do, which perhaps suggests, in recognition and acceptance, that they and it are part of me. Which in turn requires me, if I'm to live a peaceful, sober, happy existence to live a life vastly different than in my drinking days and far more rewarding...balanced against the fact that I now employ my 'demons' to work for me as opposed, as it once was, they employed me...
Old 06-07-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yay Redmayne, sounds like a good method for staying peaceful, sober and happy.

I like the idea of harnessing demons to remind us of where we came from and where we'll fall back without practicing a spiritual program.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Redmayne

It's sometimes...

Thank you, it's sometimes, seems to me a good idea, to turn the negative,'my demons' into a positive,' geting the working for me'... not least as 'procrastination is the thief of time' and,m dare I say it, recovery...
Old 06-08-2015, 02:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I like the idea too. I have put in a take-over bid to my previous employers. The board is still out. 7 weeks so far and there has been a certain amount of demonic resistance but beginning to feel the grip loosening!

Thanks for a cool analogy!
Old 06-08-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Nice...

Nice...thank you.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I have always been drawn to the haunting rhythm and lyrics of Johnny Cash's recordings. His story is too one of redemption.

Recently this recording came up on my radar. I was surprised I had never head this song he recorded, written by Nick Lowe.

.....they've seen him out, dressed in my clothes.....

Perhaps others will also identify with it.........