A little bit of Seagull and friends...

Old 04-23-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

A little bit of Seagull and friends...

In an effort to share, in recovery, my strength, hope and experience the following three books with short quotes from each, all written by Richard Bach. Have helped, at various stages, before, during and after, shape and mould it, adding a quality and dimension, , not found elsewhere...

'Jonathan Livingston Seagull' - To the real Jonathan Livingston Seagull, who lives within all of us.

'Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah,' - 'Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:If you're alive, it isn't.'

'Messiah's Handbook - Reminders for the Advanced Soul,' - 'One challenge of your adventure on earth is to rise above dead systems: wars, religions, nations, destructions - to refuse to be part of them, and express instead the highest self.'

A lot of what is on offer in these books is seen by some as an alternative, unconventional, free spirited point of view, which I'd suggest is in the nature of 'alkies' , drunk or sober, everywhere. Giving me no reason to think, as alcoholics are often only open to suggestions and cannot be told what to do, although , with their permission, they may be lead....

That, were they not built on fictional characters, they would fit right here on SRC, not least, as to my delight, a critic once described Jonathan Livingston Seagull, as an 'anarchic christian.'

Of course that remains open to each individuals interpretation... so I take no issue with others point of view.

'Live and let live', right...