A fantasy land ...

Old 03-22-2015, 12:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

A fantasy land ...

In recovery,, I'm the first to admit that in my drinking days, albeit others would perhaps describe me as a 'high functioning alcoholic. I lived, as I suspect many others, a delusional existence.

Since I've stopped using alcohol to feed my alcoholism, another delusion and realized that it is an illness, not a vice.

I've found, in the clarity and ability to think cognitively (truth and reason) that accompanies, mine and I'm sure, many others, recovery followed by prolonged, lasting sobriety.

That there are many people in society that live in a fantasy land of imagined, self serving patronising superiority.

Not least in the 'meeja' (media), more commonly known as social networking these days, and those who use it to further, for whatever reason to further their own questionable priorities, at whatever level.

For me then, in recovery, one of the doubtless benefits is the common bond, of shared experience of together with others, escaping the 'vale of tears'. That drinking brought me, allowing me to go at least some way, to fulfilling my potential as a person without being affected by the delusion, mine or others that I am a person, other than who I really am.

So that, when necessary, I can both think and act, remembering the delusional life I lead in my drinking days, with a dispassionate, indifference to the actions and behaviour of others.

So that, in sobriety, I retain my own sanity and credibility as the person I was always meant to be as opposed to being manipulated either by alcohol or those who live in a fantasy land of their own making...you just know, it'll 'all end in tears'.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very good post, yeah I deluded myself over many things when I was drinking!!

In Sobriety there are no more fantasies!!