Stepping into the void...

Old 12-15-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Stepping into the void...

There's little doubt that in my drinking days, I was a very sad, sick individual, regrettably, whilst I've tried to make spiritual progress, even minus the alcohol, elements of the person I once was have remained.

Although all is not lost, I get great pleasure from watching the birds, skittering the hedgerow in my garden in search of food, and unexpected e mail followed by 'phone conversation telling me my grandson wants to see me together with the nuances in the in the changeable weather we're experiencing at the moment.

Significantly, although I'm neither a devotee or fan of either, the words from Dylan's song, 'I believe in you,' particularly,

'And that what you gave me today,

Is worth more than I can pay,

And no matter what they say,

I believe in you.'

Together with Richard Thompson's song,'The Dimming Of The Day,' which at one part say,

'You pulled me like the moon pulls on the tide,

You know just where I keep my better side,'

Keep running through my head at the moment although I can only recall them being sung by Alison Krauss on the tv series 'Transatlantic Sessions' with Gerry Douglas and Aly Bain, some time ago...

Leaving me feeling that, at the moment, spiritually speaking. I just want to step into the void, and let the rest of the days and my life unfold. In the manner which is exactly as they were and are supposed to do...ridding me of whatever remains of the person I once was.

Whether or not, this in whole or part answers the question,'What is recovery?' , I don't know, all I can say is it's just me being me. Trying to become my true and whole self , the person I was always meant to be under the guidance and protection of the God of my understanding.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Great post!