A reflection on then past year...

Old 11-29-2014, 10:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

A reflection on then past year...

In recovery and as this year draws to a close, I reflected on the fact that at the start of it, I resolved to lead a more peaceful, calmer life hoping it would lead to a more fruitful existence.

Over the year this transferred to the realization, given that I'm perhaps best described by the late and eminent psychologist, Carl Rogers who theorized that people like me have, lead a 'rich', full life of experiential learning. Knowing both great triumph and disaster whilst still retaining their enthusiasm for new experiences.

Many, amongst those who know me will vouch for the truthfulness and accuracy of this ...

That everything in my life, thus far comes down to two things. My ability to rely on myself and my experiences, not infallible but they're mine and no one can take them from me or experienced them in the same manner, albeit they, themselves might've had similar experiences.

Together, at any given time, with my state of mind, heavily influenced, in my case by my inherent spirituality much enhanced by my life's experiential learning.

Lose these and I lose everything, keep, nurture and cherish them and I have not only all this world has to offer, in simply being myself, now safe, sane and sober but the recognition that, despite all it's faults and failings.The world that the God of my understanding, provided for all of us is a world worth living in.

Which is a stark contrast, something those of us in our drinking days perceived in our delusional, alcoholic minds. I'm sure many would agree with this...

So maybe, I have at least gone some way to achieving the hoped for, more fruitful existence that I resolved to be at the beginning of the year after all...

I hope your own reflections on the past year have, in recovery, born as much fruit as mine.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Really nice post Redmayne ��
Old 12-13-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Congrats on your Journey. I know it can be hard. Lots of times you don't feel as good. I am just grateful I am not out of jail and I am around the house and I am able to be of service to my parents.