Drinking Buddys

Old 07-23-2004, 11:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Drinking Buddys

They used to be the only family I had but now there not anymore I was with them evey single day always drinking with them partying with them but the day I got sober I didn't wanna see them anymore when I moved up here to michigan a couple months ago some of them have called to check on me or to tell me that some of my other friends were put In jail or died but I didn't care they wanted to keep drinking I didn't when I lost my best friend In the whole world on my birthday I new I wasnt ready to die so I stoped drinking theres day I miss my drinking buddys but I know I gotta move on with my life I will find new friends that dont drink Im happy today and I wanna be happy

Brain
Old 07-23-2004, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by firedogg
I will find new friends that dont drink Im happy today and I wanna be happy
It takes courage to leave our old friends and old behaviors behind.
Congratulate yourself for this desire you have to live a new, sober life.
With an open heart, and honest actions, the pieces will come together.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

You live in Marquette???

Poor thing!

Just want you to know that I sympathesize with your situation. It's gotta be hard finding new friends PERIOD that far up north. I still have trouble and I'm only about an hour outside of Detroit!!!

Danielle
Old 07-24-2004, 05:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Doug

Thanks for sharing that Firedogg. The people I thought were my friends when I was using/drinking, pretty much disappeared when I got into recovery.

I still run into some of them occasionally, and theres just no connection anymore, which is fine, they are still out there, and I'm choosing not to be.

The friends I have today, are friends with no strings attached. What we do or don't do doesn't matter, and my closest friendships have happened more on accident, than me trying to fill in the holes.

I'm glad your here, and glad your posting, just keep doing what your doing and before you know it, that happiness will just be.

Marquette is a nice city, I've always liked it, and have been there several times, though not recently unfortunatly. Just hang onto to your hat in winter!