The God of my understanding...

Old 09-05-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Wink The God of my understanding...

Obviously everyone is free to chose their own conception or perception of the God of their understanding, with which I take no issue....

The God of my understanding, exists in my belief in and adherence to simple Christian beliefs. Enhanced by the fundamental teachings of Buddhist (Therevada - The Wisdom of the Elders) principles and philosophy.

Which compliment each other as Buddhism,which existed a considerable length of time before the events described in the Bible's New Testament, see Jesus as a prophet, in the same mould as the original Buddha or Enlightened One....

I also like the richness and diversity provided in all religions, faiths and beliefs including those who are atheist or agnostic, as it provides the opportunity to learn and understand them and practice the three great spiritual values of compassion, patience and tolerance. Which played a large part in my eventual recovery and what is now, a prolonged period or sobriety.

When I thought that prior to the 15th Feb.,2008 I would never manage a day without alcohol and myfuture was consigned to insanity or death. In the hope that the latter came first.

The proviso in my liking the richness and diversity in all the various religions, etc. being strictly limited to the basic Buddha's teachings which can be summarized in two sentences:

'Benefit others'

'If you cannot benefit others, at least don't harm them'

Which, indirectly can be seen to be reflected, as in my interpretation of the God of my understanding in A A's suggested 12 Step program of recovery whatever or whomever the god of your understanding is, even if you haven't got one!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yea thats pretty much my belief I dont sin just because I have no interest for the activities and notions that involve sinning.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice post
Old 09-07-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Love this. Thank you.