A help, not a hinderance....

Old 08-27-2014, 02:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

A help, not a hinderance....

Having suffered the pains, in drinking for 30 years , followed, thankfully by what is now over six years of sobriety there's little doubt, against all the odds and without my permission. I suffer from the disease/illness of alcoholism as much as I will carry it all my life.

Armed with these facts, about both my alcoholism and myself I consider them a help not a hinderance to my life in my uncompromising and determined, in sobriety to find and be my true self.

A responsibility, I feel is incumbent on all of us, no more so in sobriety if for no more good reason to embed it in ourselves, allowing us to be the person we were always meant to be before we were struck down with the deluded idea that drinking alcohol could some how,in it's 'cunning, baffling, powerful' way 'cure' our disease.

The ongoing search and effort to find and be my true self perhaps being best exemplified in the following,

'One challenge of our adventure on earth is to rise above dead systems: wars, religions, nations, destructions - to refuse to be a part of them, and express instead the highest self'

'Messiah's Handbook - Reminders for the Advanced Soul', Richard Bach.

Perhaps, in recovery some thing for us all to work towards ...