drugs are a distraction from the real problem

Old 07-11-2004, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

drugs are a distraction from the real problem

for me, drugs + drink are a distraction from hoiw **** i feel.
even if it takes the pain + effort of staying off drugs (been clean nearly a year) to keep myself from havin to sort my head out il do it.
ive been drinking everyday for about 2weeks to stop myself taking drugs, to stop myself feeling crap and also knowing that when/if it turns into a drink problem that quitting alcohol is better than feeling like this.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Psychoaddict,

Alcohol....... is a drug.

I would suggest attending NA/AA meetings, sit and listen, identify and do not compare, take the suggestions, get phone numbers and use them, and get a sponsor. Then just keep coming.

Patsy
Old 07-11-2004, 06:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i know it is and i admitted yesterday at a meeting that its becoming a problem,its just better than feeling like this ,you know?, i have been going to NA meeting but there isnt many and i cant get to one til next tuesday
Old 07-11-2004, 06:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((((((psycho))))))))))))
Old 07-11-2004, 06:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by psycho_addict
i know it is and i admitted yesterday at a meeting that its becoming a problem,its just better than feeling like this ,you know?, i have been going to NA meeting but there isnt many and i cant get to one til next tuesday

Yes I do know, and there is a solution. I would suggest that the next meeting you attend, that you get as many phone numbers as you can, and get a sponsor.

Psycho, this program works much better when we don't drink or drug, because we can not begin the process of recovery while drinking and using. Now you will do as you are going to do, however it is suggested to not drink, not drug, and take the suggestions.

For myself, I was desperate when I first came to the halls of AA, I had a desire to not drink, and I was willing to go to any lengths to stay sober.

What lengths are you willing to go to get sober?
Old 07-11-2004, 06:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

at the moment i have no motivation about anything,between meetings i spend my time trying to score pills,its like the demons have taken over and theres a tiny voice telling me not to but its not strong enough....its coming up a year without anything except the occaisonal spliff and i didnt even drink that much until the other week,i did 10 months on my own,and then i heard a song that me n my mate would listen to on our comedowns...that was it,i missed it so much, the alnighters,the random people,the missions,having 3 hours of pure hapiness.
i dont know where im at right now, i managed to get a number for a counsellor,which i had to go see 3 differnt doctors to get because they were hoes, evrntually after i hassled them a few times they got back to me,but they are full up til september/october.
sorry
Old 07-11-2004, 07:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

easy does it.....
Old 07-11-2004, 07:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by psycho_addict
at the moment i have no motivation about anything,between meetings i spend my time trying to score pills,its like the demons have taken over and theres a tiny voice telling me not to but its not strong enough....its coming up a year without anything except the occaisonal spliff and i didnt even drink that much until the other week,i did 10 months on my own,and then i heard a song that me n my mate would listen to on our comedowns...that was it,i missed it so much, the alnighters,the random people,the missions,having 3 hours of pure hapiness.
i dont know where im at right now, i managed to get a number for a counsellor,which i had to go see 3 differnt doctors to get because they were hoes, evrntually after i hassled them a few times they got back to me,but they are full up til september/october.
sorry
Hi Psycho,

Its not the time away from a drug or a drink that counts, its what we do with that time that counts. Did you ask for help, get phone numbers, get a sponsor and take the suggestions? Psycho, this is a disease of the feelings, of being isolated in our own head. If what you are doing is not working for you, then do it another way.

I couldn't do it alone, and I learned that I don't have to, thank God. That tiny voice that you hear that is not strong enough, is being drowned out by the committee that is screaming in your own head.

Get to NA meetings and this time, ask for help. Because you do not have to do this alone if you choose not to.

Stay in today, in this moment and pick up the phone and call Narcotics Anonymous, tell them what you have told us here, and then take the suggestions.

We can not do it for you Psycho, the one who has to take the action..... is you.

Patsy
Old 07-17-2004, 09:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey, Psycho
If alcohol wasn't a problem for many of us, there wouldn't be AA, and I wouldn't be sitting here writing to you tonight...you think you may be one of us? hmm. Doesn't matter what s*** you put in your body, goes straight to your brain, and it's all the same. You just switched brands... There's only one way out of the fog, and you know it. I'm sorry...but, we'll always be here for you. Good Luck!!! and sorry about the lecture!
Old 08-21-2004, 11:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Progress not perfection, ....

I gave up lust, sex and romantic intrique, and now I am battling FOOD!

If I don't flirt, act out, masturbate etc, I DESERVE a TREAT!

One more layer of the onion....

As I said, progress not perfection..
Old 08-21-2004, 12:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

One day at a time. Or, in my case (and perhaps yours, Psycho,) one moment at a time. Take things in small little increments. That's the only way I remain sober.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Step in the name of LOVE

A little bit at a time, Psycho. Please take it one day at a time and try to surround yourself with positive things that will bring you joy. It takes a little change everyday to make the big change happen. You've done really well and should be proud of yourself for staying away from the drugs. But, Alcohol is only a temporary diversion from another diversion. You have the power to let go of the demons and use that strength to stay clean . Stay in the meetings and use your sponsor!! I'm sending you lots of LOVE!!!

Josi