The Joys of Withdrawal loom...

Old 06-12-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Joys of Withdrawal loom...

Hiya,

I don't know why the hell this happens, but when I have 'never again' days- it's partly (well really heavily) to do with my terror of the withdrawal effects I know are coming and it's easier to just go down the dark 'one more day' route.

I know the next few days will be crapola & it as you all know sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees.

Some words of encouragement would be much appreciated

xx
Old 06-12-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

'What to a chrysalis..'

'What to a chrysalis, is the end of the world, God sees as a butterfly' - Lin Tzu.. although o be honest, when faced with a similar problem, I just let everything go, made no resolutions or worried about what was about to happen and got stuck into whatever I could use, soberly to distract me...living on cigarettes, sweetened soya milk and sweets (candy) including chocolate... interspersed with a modest amount of favourite food...without over indulging...probably didn't do my weight or health any good, but it made me feel a whole lot better...
Old 06-12-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You need never go through this again.....

Wish you well. Take it easy & be kind to yourself
Old 06-13-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Write down how everyday of withdrawal was on a piece of paper. Be really honest. Then whenever you want a drink take a few seconds and read what you have to look forward to if you drink.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just take it easy and try not to get stressed.
Acknowlege the bad moments (physical and emotional).
If you experience REALLY bad stuff just think to yourself that this is as bad as it gets and its all uphill from here
Old 07-08-2014, 09:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Working is helping me deal with my withdrawals. Definitely keeping yourself busy and your mind busy will help. We're all different but just take it easy. I'm going through the same thing myself. I can already feel my anxiety rising, and I kind of have this "I don't give a crap" kind of attitude when it came to those who pissed me off, and I wanted to drink and forget about my problems. I can't do that anymore.

Writing down each day you're sober is great. I keep a calendar and give myself a bright star on each day I didn't drink. I know that may sound childish, but it helps me. Whatever you can do to keep your mind from racing.

Good luck. I'm with you.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm just hoping you saw your doc first and hoping he gave you three or four days worth of a little something to ease your withdrawals. Thinking of you.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

All I know is you need to go to the doctor and detox, people die coming off of alcohol everyday.