Acceptance saved my life

Old 07-04-2004, 06:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Acceptance saved my life

Dear friends,

I have 5 years 1 month and 10 days of recovery from hydrocodone. After the relationship with my higher power( who I choose to call my Lord), acceptance has been my greatest gift. As I face the day to day issues common to all of us, and those that are specific to my life, I ask myself, "Is there anything I can do right now to change this situation?" If the answer is no, then I accept it, and pray for guidance and solutions. Acceptance is NOT about "settling for" ...it's about knowing what you can and can not do and then doing what you can.I accept who I am right now though life is about changes; I accept and love my children for the young adults they have become (I never recieved that acceptance,growing up so I had to wear all of the false faces), stay supportive, and don't tell them how to live their lives because their lives are NOT mine to live. I accept the small things life throws me like my central air conditioner going out ( I live in a very hot and humid part of the country). What choice do I have? Ranting and raving won't work so I must pray for a solution while I sit in front of the fan :shades: Acceptance is knowing that I am not in control and that I must listen very carefully to that small voice inside of me that gently guides the way.

I quit fighting...I surrendered...and now I am free..........Luv Ya LILA
Old 07-04-2004, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Lila. That is a beautiful post and exactly what I needed to read this morning.