The best thing that happened ...

Old 04-01-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

The best thing that happened ...

It's really weird, which is a silly statement, because to be quite honest I realize there's as high degree of both truth and clarity. Which is an example of part, in my sobriety dating from the 15th, Feb. 2008 of the ability to think cognitively (truth and reason) of those talents and abilities that would, to whatever degree return to me as the days passed.

That I'm only happy, not just in being myself but in recognizing and accepting that I was born with alcoholism, before I even touched alcohol and will always be an alcoholic, albeit I'm now in what can properly be described as, just for today a prolonged state of sobriety.

A gift I give thanks for on a near daily basis in the prayers to the god of my understanding, ahead of those for having a home, food, clothing and enough money for expenses...

If the definition of being affluent, is having all that you need, not what you want. Then the gift of sobriety has brought me affluence.

Being an alcoholic, in recovery followed by the gift of sobriety, is the best thing, having lived a 'rich' full life of experiential learning, and knowing both great triumph and disaster. The best thing that ever happened to me!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Great message brother. My experience too.