Change...

Old 02-26-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Change...

A few days ago, I received an unexpected 'phone call from a former friend, perhaps best described as an ex'drinking buddy', for once I became sober, 6 years ago. The friendship soon deteriorated. We'd nothing left in common, ain't that just the way.

I didn't mind that she'd 'phoned, nor the fact that she was drunk, no change there...

What I did mind, although later, on reflection, was that it had positive consequences,until then unrealized.

Was that in our conversation,she repeatedly remarked that I had changed, and although we'd had some 'happy times'. I was no longer the person she once knew...

Until then, living as I do, a relatively lonely isolated existence, through a mixture of circumstance and choice. Reflecting on all that's passed and com into being. I'd little realize all that's changed in me, and my life in my prolonged period of sobriety to date...and what recovery both means and has brought. In a very positive sense to me...Change is good.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Excellent post.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Redmayne

I love:Grace.

Thank you, I love Grace: when you get something,that just appears by magic because it's been there all along without you even realizing it...then again. So have you, doh!