Rejection

Old 05-15-2004, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Rejection

When we don’t get what we want, we may get something better.

The closing of the door on a cherished dream is hard to accept. We lose out on a promotion or are rejected by someone we love–life seems unfair & we fail to understand how a Higher Power could possibly be on our side.

Doors close — each one of us knows how that feels — but other doors eventually open. Keeping our spirits up & our faith strong during the interim is our challenge. We want to resist the “what’s the use?� attitude that undermines recovery. If the opening of those other doors were to depend solely on our own efforts, we might have cause for discouragement & pessimism, but fortunately this is not the case. Experience teaches us that some doors we cannot open ourselves; instead, they are opened to us when we are ready.

The perspective of time clarifies our interpretation of events that at close range might seem disastrous. We lose out on one job, but after a time we’re offered a better one. Rejection opens the way to a new relationship. We can have faith that we will receive the good that is ours.

Today, I will have faith, knowing that doors will open for me when I am ready.

Inner Harvest

Old 05-15-2004, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Doug, have I told you lately how much I love what you post? Because I do...a lot.
Gabe
Old 05-21-2004, 03:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thank you Doug;
I needed to see that today! Guess my HP really gives me what I need when I need it. Today is the 21st.
Just wish that our schedules were a bit more closely alligned....
Shalom!
Old 05-21-2004, 09:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Wonderful seeing that in print. In black and white it explains so much even after the fact.
A few months back, work was planning to replace me. Rather then getting upset like I would in my past, I looked at it as a door closing and an excitement of what can be as a new door opens.
OK Lord what gift are you planning to bless me with... was my thought.
As it turned out, the door closed on my boss. He was unable to find someone to replace me. He has since come to terms that he is stuck with me *LOL*
A realization in his mind that I may be the best he will ever have or get for this job (unless they pay $10 more an hour for what they ask of replacements to do) The challenge of the unknown that may come with a new door opening.... I look at it with a WOW this is going to be fun.
Knowing my HP will guide me through every door He brings me to, I can look at the unknown with the peace that His guidance brings in every challenge of life.
Sometimes a door closes and no new door opens but a window opens that brings fresh air and a new light to life.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great posting and oh so true. Of late, the following doors closed in my recovery. I lost my partner, had to sell my home of 22 years and found myself facing a career change. Today all new doors have opened and I am better off than I could have possibly imagined. Who belieives in miracles? I DO!!
junem