My thoughts on recovery

Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My thoughts on recovery

Recovery for me is too powerful to put into words. I am a recovered alcoholic and drug addict of 2 1/2 years. My purpose now in life is to spread the message of sobriety...not just how to get sober, but how to STAY sober! My HP, who I have chosen as Lord Jesus Christ, and also working with others. I sponsor women...have a big book meeting at my house, grill out parties at my house every weekend....hang with sober people, work with my sponsor, 12 step calls, meetings. Basically, I have surrounded and dedicated my life to sober living. In no way am I bragging, I am just telling you what works for me. I have heard so many women whine and gripe why they are not happy in sobriety or just trying to get sober. And I see they try to hold on to old using friends, continue to have affairs, still go to bars but don't drink, they still hold on to old behaviors. For me...it was all or nothing. I had to change it all - and be willing. I love working with others and to watch them grow spiritually and emotionally....Life is all what we make it. Life is a gift everyday...its up to me to open the gift or not.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

Your post is powerful and to the point. Everything you said is right on. God Bless!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"All you have to do to stay sober is completely change your life."
Old 05-14-2013, 12:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Being sober is the only way to stay connected with God. Yet I continue to drink...i didn't drink today, because I want to try again. I don't know why God has been so merciful to me.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

An inspiring post Julie.