the raccoons ate the marshmallows!

Old 05-12-2004, 01:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the raccoons ate the marshmallows!

I just came back from camping in Big Sur and wandering around California with friends. It was unbelievable and I sat up on this beautiful cliff and wished everyone posting and reading at SR a little of the beauty I was fortunate enough to experience. I hung out after everyone else went to sleep and played my guitar while I enjoyed the beautiful moon and stars. I had mountains filled with redwoods and ancient trees behind me and the pacific glowing silver in the moonlight stretched out in front of me. it was delicious! I wasn’t chemically altered or drunk and I told the night sky and the universe that I was really ready to accept what life was offering good or bad… and that even if I wasn’t really ready(hehe) I would deal with it! thinking of dealing with life... magically... made all the voices of the people here and the love and support i have gotten here pop into my head! so I wished everyone well and a little piece of my happiness and serenity. Thanks everyone for camping with me! summer is go out and play music time for me and travel/camping/surf time ...so i may not always be around on the boards as much as i would like to be.... but all of you are with me in my heart and we are going to have a fun summer!
Old 05-12-2004, 01:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

My wife asks every year.... Where would I like to go for a vacation?

My answer every year... I wanna go see the big trees.

Thank you for bringing me with you. Maybe one of these days when I become rich and don't need work no more, I will get on my bike and ride cross country so I can see the trees from the seat of a bike. The view from the road is so much nicer on a bike then in a car.
So where we going next? *LOL*

Are we there yet?

but I don't hafta go right now.

ummm can we stop? I need to go.

Are we there yet? How much longer? 2 more sleeps? awwwww
Are we there yet? Is it morning?

I am hungry

Are we there yet?
Old 05-12-2004, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can't wait, in 3 weeks going to the first NA campout for the season around here. Then in August, spending 8 days camping in Cape Cod. Already downloaded a MA meeting list for the trip.

Laurie D.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

alice
thanks for sharing w/ us
mighty big life you got going there
mackat
Old 05-12-2004, 10:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

he he he... Best! be patient we will get there SOON.... i agree about motorcycles!!!
Best you should stop at Sequoia on your way to the redwood forest. Now those are some BIG trees!
Laurie- i am glad that you are going camping and to Cape Cod! you will have so much fun. YAY
Next stop for me is Joshua Tree. then Sedona to run around in the rock formations. and anywhere handy here in Cali. if gas doesn't get to be $5 a gallon then i am headed to Montana's Badlands and Galcier National park to see Bears. Also i must go back to the Colorado Rockies!!!! Mackat i will yodel in your direction....
Old 05-12-2004, 12:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

Thanks for taking us along, sounds fabulous!!
Old 05-12-2004, 12:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Alice-That sounds so fabulous...thanks for sharing such tasty treats...I can feel the nature vibe all over the place. My b/f and I have just booked a week at a little cabin in Maine...It will be drug free for me too and I can't wait...

I hope the sun is shining on you all...today is a beautiful day!!!

Thanks again...
Old 05-13-2004, 05:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dan

Dear alice,
As I too will travel this summer, I'll take along my favorite trailer park goddess with me, should I ever need a quick lesson in good pagan etiquette, or even perhaps a new set of strings for my strat...
Old 05-13-2004, 05:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

HEY ALICE, SOUNDS REAL GOOD. YOU'LL HAVE QUITE THE SUMMER. I'VE BEEN TO CALIFORNIA BACK IN 78.I LOVED IT. I WISH I HAD THE TIME, I'D GO WITH YA!!! HAVE FUN,BE SAFE,I HEAR THOSE BEARS ARE PRETTY BIG!

HEY LADY GET AWAY FROM THOSE BEARS!