Day 80 tomorrow and update 'job' etc

Old 03-02-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Day 80 tomorrow and update 'job' etc

So far, so good.
Feel a bazillion times better, look better if I do say so myself!
Nothing to drink, but it's not always rosy.

After having no less than 4 jobs last year after I left the company I had been with for over 10 years. Partially due to my poor mental capacity though I wasn't drinking during the day or at work. That came after I lost the job.

My current job is seemingly headed southward quite quickly. I have been given a "P.I.P." - 'Performance Improvement Plan' after being on the job for less than 6 months. (AKA - long walk off a short pier to being canned).

This is a position I was recruited for and 'fast-tracked' to hire, but what I was hired to do has since changed what seems almost daily. I've switched desks 3 times and offices twice. Ironically, when this went down, I had been 'clean' for nearly a month and a half and had been and continue to receive accolades from co-workers and customers alike. It's quite a dysfunctional place.

Normally, all of this goings-on would be golden, shining 'reasons' to drink, but I haven't let them. Instead, I have been focusing on both finding another job and a new endeavor to sell treats from my home kitchen legally - thanks to a new law passed in my state. I have paperwork submitted, a name picked out (I think) and such a feeling of !!HOPE!! which would have been unheard of just a few short months ago. I have a new FB page as a resource to others and will give details privately if interested.

I am so grateful to have found SR. What a great release, fountain of info and source of kinship in what was previously a gloomy dark hole to which there seemed to be no escape.
Thank you for allowing my 'crazy' seem not so crazy after all. It has made it so much easier!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

Congrats on day 80. Hang in there.

Starting a new job just 1 month onto sobrity must have been tuff! It could very well be the reason this job has been a struggle. Just don't let any of this pull you back into the addiction.

Are you going to meetings? That what it took for me (this is day 114 for me). 3 meetings a week. Also, I dropped all "People Places and Things" connected with my drinking.

The meetings I attend are faith-based, But if that is not what you want, AA is good. Just find meetings. Through meetings you learn to cope, find new friends and new reasons to be strong.

Good luck to you and God Bless.