Must be on the right track

Old 12-16-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Must be on the right track

I must be on the right track?

This past week at work someone called me a snob

Over the years in recovery I have built a life of peace and serenity. I have been very careful as to what type of person I let into my new way of living. I was very careful as to what type of neighborhood my wife and I live in. My line of work has lead me to working around the elderly........and I enjoy it. I have always said you are the company you keep.

During my using days I hung around some very unhealthy people which only fed my unhealthy way of living.
Now most of my new friends all go to church and live a very clean life...work hard, come from healthy families and so on.
There are normal people out there if you look.
Being called a snob did bother me a little bit but I decided to forgive them. Being in recovery I have learned too that I am very fortunate to have been shown the way to my higher power and that I can be happy living clean and sober.
Most people out there in the so called real world aren't very happy and they tend to try and bring others down.

Just remember " you are the company you keep "

Wishing everyone out there another 24 hours.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I sometimes wonder what choice names my old drinking friends have for me now that we don't hang out. lol It's ok, though. I heard through the grapevine that I apparently "drank the kool aid" of AA. Oh well. :crazy hahaha Good on you for forming healthy relationships! The ones that matter stick around and support your life decision to be sane, healthy, and happy.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That makes me a dog - literally. Pretty awesome!