Starting to Change

Old 08-10-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting to Change

Now that I have stopped popping ambien which was my love affair more than life I am finding I have no desire to take them and I see my psychiatrist next week even, and I wont be asking for a refill. This is a huge step because my brain can think more clearly, I know I'm ready to change, but most of all keep my promise to one of my best friends. My wake up call was seeing my best friend at her wake who had OD'd on heroin. I realized just bc its a prescription doesn't make it okay for out of control fun time or not dealing with life fun. Now that I have stepped back from the situation I can see how this was long overdue coming. I'm remembering to take it one day at a time and to not crucify myself if I mess up because i can always start over again.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Hi pinktee18!

Are you working with a doctor???
Old 08-12-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinktee18 View Post
Now that I have stopped popping ambien which was my love affair more than life I am finding I have no desire to take them and I see my psychiatrist next week even, and I wont be asking for a refill. This is a huge step because my brain can think more clearly, I know I'm ready to change, but most of all keep my promise to one of my best friends. My wake up call was seeing my best friend at her wake who had OD'd on heroin. I realized just bc its a prescription doesn't make it okay for out of control fun time or not dealing with life fun. Now that I have stepped back from the situation I can see how this was long overdue coming. I'm remembering to take it one day at a time and to not crucify myself if I mess up because i can always start over again.
Your deceased friend can't start over again..

pinktee18, it sounds like you are serious. The girls and guys in NA would likely be able to help you.

I wish you the best.

Bob R
Old 08-12-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

duh, sorry, a psychiatrist IS a doctor!

Stay strong and stay stopped!!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Hi, Pinktee18. Good for you for making this promise to yourself and to your future. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, that is such a tragedy and so senseless too.

I'm remembering to take it one day at a time and to not crucify myself if I mess up because i can always start over again.
That sort of sets off the alarm bells for me, PT. We only have so many do overs in this line of work, and we never know how many until we come up one short. Like your friend, maybe? I have no way of knowing this, of course, but one thing I do know is that in order to succeed, getting straight and staying straight has to be the most solemn and committed vow you have ever made. Your life depends on it.