Tomorrow's the Big Day...Food/Beverages?

Old 08-03-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow's the Big Day...Food/Beverages?

I've been tapering for a week and tomorrow will be the first day of sobriety. I'm nervous, but ready. Nervous, because I have been having minor withdrawal symptoms this week (BO, headaches, slight trembling of my hands), which I did not have last time around. Psychiatrist says I can do it, don't need supervised detox.

This week I've been drinking tons of water. I need to go out shopping for the next few days. What should I buy?

I drank lots of chamomile tea last time around, but its too hot for that now. Does it taste good as iced tea?
Old 08-05-2012, 02:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fruit juices and a lot of water to drink. As far as food just try to make healthy choices. Also, try to get some exercise. Time in the sun will help your body get a natural dose of Vitamin D.

Good luck in your recovery. You can do this!
Old 08-05-2012, 02:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

This thread may be helpful to you
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

and, please if you have any health concerns at all over the next few days, Slim - see a Dr...I recommend it as matter of course usually...it really is the responsible thing to do.

D
Old 08-05-2012, 02:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm assuming because of your other health problems Slimslim that you have talked to your doctor and made sure you are taking the right vitamin supplements and all that?

Otherwise I just got lots of electrolytes, sparkling water, chocolate, nice washing powder (cos I had bad night sweats and had to wash my sheets alot!). I get these instant teas from Whittards which I make into iced tea now. And just lots of nice products so I could do nice things like taking long baths...girly stuff

I wish now that I had kept a journal early on so that might be worth considering. It is probably good to keep a track of your symptoms and see how they get better x