SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   What is Recovery? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/)
-   -   Musical advice? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/254128-musical-advice.html)

BlueEyedBoy 04-13-2012 12:34 PM

Musical advice?

I listen to a LOT of depressing music, but I love singing and was wondering if anyone had any really good, upbeat songs about recovery that I could possibly listen to?

stillsleeping 04-13-2012 12:39 PM

Hey, nice! I like My Chemical Romance - Danger Days The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys - all about them saying goodbye to the drugs and suicide mission of the earlier stuff ... but it might not be your style. How old are you? Are we talking rock or ballad? Or fricken opera?

xx

BlueEyedBoy 04-13-2012 12:42 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I am 23 years old and I love all sorts of music, apart from classical music.

stillsleeping 04-13-2012 12:50 PM

I like rock. It gives me joy. Especially played loud. I noticed your note on the other thread about your higher power - have you tried Ben Harper? The Will To Live is a fantastic album from both an inspirational and spiritual point of view. Not rock, more like...well, check it out :)

BlueEyedBoy 04-13-2012 12:54 PM

I will look for it! I love Fall Out Boy...they seem to help me sometimes if I play it really loud and avoid the depressing tracks. :)

stillsleeping 04-13-2012 12:58 PM

Nice. How about Arctic Monkeys? The Black Keys - El Camino is AMAZING. You'll recognise a couple of those tracks from Radio 1...sometimes is so effortless communicating with other Brits :)

Please note, StillSleeping loves talking to people of all nationalities and listeners of all radio stations without prejudice ...heh heh. Got that covered :)

Geralt 04-13-2012 01:11 PM

I discovered this song a few months ago and it has helped me greatly in recovery. Mambo Sauce - Miracles - YouTube
I listen to it after work-outs or whenever I feel down. The female singers helps me remembering why recovery is such a miracle.

Ok, it's not rock, but it's certainly upbeat and I hope you enjoy it :)

BlueEyedBoy 04-13-2012 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by stillsleeping (Post 3361802)
Nice. How about Arctic Monkeys? The Black Keys - El Camino is AMAZING. You'll recognise a couple of those tracks from Radio 1...sometimes is so effortless communicating with other Brits :)

Please note, StillSleeping loves talking to people of all nationalities and listeners of all radio stations without prejudice ...heh heh. Got that covered :)

Haha, yeah being a fellow Brit can help! I will check out The Black Keys. Not a big Arctic Monkeys fan though lol

BlueEyedBoy 04-13-2012 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Geralt (Post 3361821)
I discovered this song a few months ago and it has helped me greatly in recovery. Mambo Sauce - Miracles - YouTube
I listen to it after work-outs or whenever I feel down. The female singers helps me remembering why recovery is such a miracle.

Ok, it's not rock, but it's certainly upbeat and I hope you enjoy it :)

Wow just listened to the song- it was great :) Thanks for the suggestions!

MarkstheSpot 04-13-2012 02:58 PM

Yes by McAlmont & Butler might do the trick.

Also this, which is about a woman facing execution, and is easily the best and most inspiring song about a woman facing execution ever recorded.

Hybrid - If I Survive (Way Out West Remix) (HQ) - YouTube

miko67 05-24-2012 12:39 PM

Put some Calvin Harris on man. His stuff puts a smile on you're face man. Also listened to blast from the past yesterday. The songs called bullet in the gun, dunno who mixes it tho. Enjoy man. I liked that miracles song too that girls got a griffin trem)endous voice!;;-)

miko67 05-24-2012 12:43 PM

Paul oakenfold bullet in the gun. Play it dude!