What movies do you watch when you crave?

Old 01-07-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have a collection:

The Doors Movie
Requiem for a Dream
Trainspotting
The Basketball Diaries
Candy
Pulp Fiction
Etc

Hmmm, drugstore cowboy I haven't seen in awhile!

They help fill a hole but are not healthy for me at all and do nothing to help me move on from my obsession! I have tried to start watching more feel good, non druggy movies!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

If I'm having a bad moment I will watch robot chicken. I have several of them downloaded.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I too watch anything to do with addiction: intervention, teens in trouble, celeb rehab, sober house. I watch so that I can see what lengths people go to in addiction and I always see some of myself in all of them.

I was told to watch Stuart Smiley saves the family. a comedy with an aa twist
it's on netflix

gigi
Old 01-09-2013, 01:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

forget tv buy a PlayStation 3 some great games for it out there, playing them chills me out.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Unfortunately watching movies was my favorite get-drunk-alone-nightly routine so I'm unable to watch many movies anymore (particularly at home) this early in recovery life so I've been playing video games... Something I haven't done since I was a teenager... A little bit of regression but it's keeping me entertained and occupied. I can go out to the theatre sometimes as well depending on the movie but unless it's an amazing, top notch movie, there's no way I can get through a movie night in without obsessing over how I don't have a drink in my hand...
Old 01-20-2013, 12:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gincognito View Post
Let's see..."Leaving Las Vegas", "Drugstore Cowboy", "Trainspotting"...hm maybe I should reconsider my viewing habits
Stop trying to be funny, it doesn't help.Babies crawling across your ceiling should never happen in real life.

When drinking I can watch whatever movie I like and never get bored with it because I would forget everything about it the next day. There are some movies i have watched a number of times that I can quite extensively and there are more that I forget even exist in spite of having seen them lots of times.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:45 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rubbersoul View Post
Unfortunately watching movies was my favorite get-drunk-alone-nightly routine so I'm unable to watch many movies anymore (particularly at home) this early in recovery life so I've been playing video games... Something I haven't done since I was a teenager... A little bit of regression but it's keeping me entertained and occupied. I can go out to the theatre sometimes as well depending on the movie but unless it's an amazing, top notch movie, there's no way I can get through a movie night in without obsessing over how I don't have a drink in my hand...
I hate loading a save game only to wonder WTF did did i get here, cos I was drinking when playing it last night. I so do NOT get my money's worth when gaming and drinking.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

If movies take your mind off craving then it is really a good idea to watch something that grips you. This way your concentration is somewhere else and your craving just fizzles out. But this does not work for everyone, just for movie buffs! Other close alternative is eating. That works for many though.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
I will not call off the search

I like the calmness in Steven seagal's voice. Always helps me to cope with my cravings
Old 02-15-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I watched blardy requiem for a dream just the other day. Torture.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Redemption road is good. But I like many others don't watch many movies because that is what I used to do when I drank alone. Unfortunately, my brother is a movie buff and always wanting to see movies, but when I am with him I don't crave. I just don't really get into movies I don't think.