No real reason to recover.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hang in there. Keep posting and reading here. I don't want to sound like an agent for this book... But it is helping me so much. Allen Carr - the easyway to quit drinking. I read it 10-15 minutes a day. I borrowed it from my library but plan to buy it. I told my dh that my plan when I finish it is to continue back on page 1. For me his simple and repetitive words hit home and help. I am very private and a home body so AA is not for me plus I believe in a hire power, but not necessarily what AA believes.

I definitely use the. One day at a time. It is hard to look at the big picture and down the road for me right now. I am on day 15. Had a ****** day but decided getting drunk, numb and then hung over for work wouldn't make it any better. I'll see what tomorrow brings.

ps I hope you find support. I do think I have it easier because I am married with kids and don't have a lot of other worries.... But I do think I would be doing better if I had support in person by other people that are going through what I am and have been down this road to tell me not to give up and to keep going.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sean,
Your last post on SR was on 5 November. It was one of two on this thread and the only pots you have made here. Have you been back? If so how are you doing this month?
Old 01-07-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I actually wanted to find this post, i forgot my name and password so i started a new account. I was pretty tanked when i wrote this but just remembered a couple words i wrote. I really am grateful that this many people were concerned and feel like a jerk for not responding. Ive talked to a few of you on my new name and its awesome how supportive everybody on this site is. I'm now 7 days sober and going to my first meeting in a few days.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wondered if this was you
Glad you're doing better Sean

D
Old 01-07-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Please post back when you've been to that meeting. We're all gunning for your recovery.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you all, yea im going thursday so ill def let everyone know how it went afterwards!