Still a newcomber at 4 mos.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still a newcomber at 4 mos.

Hi, I hate to post this - I don't want any new people to read this and be discouraged. This is meant for some people who have a long time clean. I have been clean for about 4 mos. off of vicodin. I'm happy to be clean. I was even back to work and everything was fine, it was a temp job and now I'm looking for work again. I'm older, 58, and I am just wondering, maybe my age has something to do with it. I am feeling great sometimes but like this morning and all last night, I had leg jitters and this morning, I have that fluttery uneasy feeling that I get - I hate it. It's better when I exercise, but we've been a bit rained in for several days and no treadmill here. It's basically this: How long must I feel like crap? Does anyone know? One time, I was at a meeting and a girl came up to me, we were talking and she said "oh, you will probably feel like this the rest of your life." This was a few years ago. I didn't make it that time, but this time I know I won't give up no matter what anyone says. I'm in this for the forever. But still, I sure would like to be feeling quite a lot better by now. Thanks for letting me share this.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Easy does it, you are right where you're supposed to be.

That might be the most cliche advice you've ever gotten, but it works for me, and that's all I've got.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

You're in the right spot. Just keep talking. And breathing!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you been to the docs?

Funny how us alcoholics want everything straight away...we drink for 20 years plus and then 20 days abstinence later expect everything to be roses and sunshine...don't worry i fell in the same trap a great few times...do you have a program of recovery that you are working on too?