Anger

Old 05-05-2010, 10:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anger

Hello,

So I have been off of my DoC (Ritalin) for about six days now and, while my body already feels better, I am just in a crappy mood. I feel like I could be very explosive given the right triggers to come up, and I want to punch something right now.

I don't want to tell anyone because I don't want to scare them. So, i'm hoping I could get some support here?

Thanks.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Teal, is there anything you can safely punch? A pillow or something? It might help to get it out. If not, maybe exercise of some sort?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AmericanGirl View Post
Teal, is there anything you can safely punch? A pillow or something? It might help to get it out. If not, maybe exercise of some sort?
Hello,

I have never been a fan of punching, mainly because I dont want to associate with being violent. However, I usually make art or something when I want to express myself. It's a bit late for exercise but I may try to do it in the morning.

Thanks, though.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats a pretty common reaction teal - exercise or activity helped a lot for me...but do see a Dr if you're worried.

6 days is a great start mate
D
Old 05-06-2010, 06:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can get support here. I remember those first few weeks after stopping Ritalin.

I don't have any great words of wisdom to make this easier... it sucks and that is just the way it goes. But maybe three words of hope...

It Gets Better

Just keep walking through that valley, you'll come out the other side, promise... unless you turn back.

Yea... all that, exercise, eat right, meditate, talk, read... whatever it takes.

Keep posting.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

Teal,

I've tried getting off my own medication for a trial a bit ago. You may want to be sure to tell those closest to you. The ones you trust who would support you. My friends really tried to help making the earlier days easier on me. :-) It's lonely to go a wee mad on your own!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey,

Things were a bit tough for me today, but I'm alive so all is well. Spent some time with my sister and her fiancee, and that really helped. It's always good to stay busy I guess.