substituting

Old 04-06-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Like others said, I wouldn't beat yourself up over it, but maybe try substituting decaff tea for some of the cans?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Chocolate Baby and lots of it! I find myself eating those Giant Hershey's all by myself! But I don't give a fig if it's fattening or sugar or any of it cause it ain't booze! Drink water with lemon or bubble water with ice. Tea (herb). Again-waay better than boozing myself to oblivion.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have never missed work or hit parked cars drinking diet coke, you'll be ok :-)
Old 05-14-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

avoid the fake beer because even non alcoholic beer has some alcohol in it. It will make you crave alcohol I know that happened to me I had fake wine and then I was craving alcohol like crazy because my brain got a little bit and wanted more. Caffeine is better the alcohol I know I've been drinking coffee more. I don't see a problem with it , though I know I have to avoid energy drinks because they make me crave crack so some odd reason. If it's working for you and keeping you sober then well it's working. Though if you think it's a problem then you could try cutting down but I would be afraid you would go back to drinking if you do that. Take care of yourself.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

First off, congrats on 22 (hopefully 23 now) days sober! That is a LONG time not to take a drink!

Second, I related to your post in every way. When I stopped drinking alcohol, I realized that I drink everything alcoholically...one is never enough! I guzzle everything that is in front of me, and Diet Coke and Coke Zero are my weaknesses (in fact, I am enjoying some Coke Zero right now).

It's defiently not the end of the world like many others have said, but here is what I have done. I don't buy the 2 liters of soda anymore, because it is a given that they will be gone within 24 hours. Instead, I'll have a can or small bottle. I've started brewing tea, which doesn't have the fizziness factor, but has the amazing caffeine that I so crave. Again, I go through the 3 quarts in 1 or 2 days, but I reason that it is better than soda. I drink water, but find it rather boring.

So just be more aware of what you are drinking. Try new things...people have listed lots of alternatives to the soda. And, please, stop being so hard on yourself! Like others have said, no one has ever relapsed over Coke Zero!
Old 05-15-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are you doing sunshine baby?

D