Healing

Old 03-13-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Cool Healing

I don't agree with the concept that once an addict always an addict. Also, I don't believe that the only way to treat diseases like cancer or AIDS has to be with chemical drugs, chemo and radiation. Or, that mental illness can only be managed.

I think people trust pharmaceutical companies too much to find a treatment for their ailments. Believe me with the kind of side effects that are associated with many pharmaceuticals that are okay with the FDA there is no way I will trust my precious life to these companies or organizations. These businesses are in it for the money and not your health.

To me and many others the body is a wonder miracle of creation and there are plenty of ways to heal using nature and common sense.

If you buy into managed care it does make it harder to get well once you are on many medications but it is not impossible.

I just want to encourage everyone to check out all options for healing before you jump into any one plan. Each of us are individuals and there is much information out there to explore.

To me it is just unacceptable that death is a side effect of many medications on the market...
Old 03-13-2009, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I realize many people probably look at the concept that we were made from the earth as a religious concept. I think of it as science of origins.

We have all the elements of the earth and sea in our bodies. We are of the earth it is our mother.

Or, maybe some being from outer space spawned us and planted us here, who really knows.

What I do know is ALL of our health problems are related to what we put in our body and what we believe with our souls and minds and hearts.

I am a very fortunate person to have enjoyed very good health. I refuse to eat junk food. I hate sodas and chips and hot dogs. My system is very sensitive to anything I put in it good or bad. You cannot believe how bad sugar, refined flour and junk food taste to me.

I refuse to have all kinds of wasteful, embarrassing, and painful test for cholesterol and colon cancer and mammograms.

If I do get sick I can look at what I have eaten or what kind of environment I have been in and trace my sickness back to something I have subjected myself to.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

So how does all of this relate to addiction recovery? Well if you believe that getting clean is going to be a struggle for the rest of your life it will be. If you keep looking for chemical solutions to the problems with your spirit you may never be able to find balance in your life.

Addiction is so much a mind thing it is about your mind believing that you have an excuse to feel sorry or bored for yourself or with yourself. It is believing someone else makes you feel certain ways there by giving you an excuse. Addicts don't accept themselves for the way they are.

People who don't have addiction problems still have problems most of them are able to solve their problems by facing them. So can a person who have been using chemicals or behaviors as a solution.

People with addictions make the same problem fit all situations. It actually takes more energy to run from a problem than it does to just go ahead and face it. Running from a problem can be very creative but it is still just a grand waste of time.

I have ran across a theory that addicts have a different brain chemistry from birth and that whenever this difference is altered by the use of substance the addicted person lights the fuse to addiction. I do not really know if this theory is exactly correct or not but is does seem to have some merit and some thought and experience behind it.

To me this theory is a lot like another excuse even if it is true that the brain chemistry is different that does not mean it is wrong. It means it is different. Just because someone is different does not make them sick unless this chemistry is altered or changed.

That part of you that can only be felt but not touched is your mind and your mind is connected to your spirit. Again I am not talking about religion. I am talking about who we are. The light in your eyes shows a reflection of who you are.

Who you are is beautiful and doesn't have to be sick or ashamed.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Thank you for the thought provoking post.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Old 03-14-2009, 05:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Splendra, it is refreshing to read your posts here.

I am a person who believes in caution, both in using prescribed medications and also in using "natural" methods.

I recently had a serious case of acute bronchial pneumonia and had to be rushed to the hospital by ambulance. I was put on oxygen, antibiotics and medication that relieved the bronchial constriction so I could breathe. Without this care, I would have been at high risk of even surviving. I'm not trying to be dramatic, just telling it like it was.

Prior to this, early in my recovery, I suffered from panic and anxiety attacks on a regular basis, so frequently that it interfered with my ability to work or live well. I could not be with people for a long period of time because I was afraid of them seeing me having an attack. My doctor prescribed medication for this, and when I had serious side effects, she prescribed different medication...never once suggesting therapy, counseling or meetings (she was aware of my codependency and my son's addiction). Medication did nothing good for me, except for one that I took only on an "as needed" basis, and that "as needed" was only about once day a month. With meetings, recovery and a lot of support and self-help...and also by watching my diet and taking vitamins and "natural" supplements, I was able to get past these attacks and today I can honestly say I haven't had one in over three years.

I use these two example to explain why I believe in both. I prefer to take care of myself and use natural methods when possible. I don't go to (what I consider) extremes with this, or as far a some may go, but my day to day living, physically, emotionally and spiritually, uses as much natural healing and stimulation as possible. I walk, meditate, watch my diet, and recently gave up cigarettes...not by deciding to "quit" but because I was so sick smoking wasn't an option and I just decided to keep going with that.

Originally Posted by splendra
To me and many others the body is a wonder miracle of creation and there are plenty of ways to heal using nature and common sense.
I like what you said here. I too believe in miracles...and also in using common sense. Sometimes the two go together, yes?

Thank you for this thought provoking thread.

Hugs
Old 03-14-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Yes the body does get sick and sometimes there is no choice but to do something medical.

If a condition is chronic or won't go away I would want to look into why. I would want to know what is in my environment or what am I putting into my body that keeps causing uncomfortable symptoms and what can I do to change whatever it might be that is keeping me sick....

Am I working with chemical that are keeping me sick? I had to give up a whole career once because the chemicals I was using made me very ill and it took a while for my body to get rid of the toxins. If I had taken the meds for my symptoms and stayed in that line of work I am sure that by now if I was even alive I would have developed a very serious illness.

Also am I eating or taking something that is making me sick? If you read ingredients in the foods that you buy you may find that there are many chemicals in processed foods especially. Now days many processed foods are being imported from China and there is lots of stuff in these foods I would not put on my lawn much less my body. Sugar, nutra sweet, splenda, white processed flour, high fructose corn syrup all of these things cause sickness of many kinds and processed foods have all of this stuff in them even salt has sugar in it now unless you buy the kind that does not have it.

I can't tell you how many people I have seen in wheel chairs and with MS and cancer loading their coffees and teas with nutra sweet. That stuff ought to be banned it is causing death by the 1000's and nobody is doing a damm thing about it. I have to be so careful when buying food because of it. It is a chemical that has no nutrients in it but it makes your body think is going to get something good and the complex processes that the body does in order to prepare for receiving nutrients are diminished and damaged especially to the brain. It makes me oh so mad to think about it.

The body given the right foods and conditions can do remarkable things to heal itself. If you are very toxic you have to go at it slow replacing one by one good things for bad.

Cleaning out the body is often accompanied by pain so just remember if you have lived a lifetime on toxic substances you can undo it in one day but you can undo it if you use reason and pay attention to your body. Start with eliminating one thing like sugar or artificial sweeteners.

Move that body too cause movement truly is life and it is the evidence that you are still alive. You can't of course start training like a pro athlete if you have lead a sedimentary life but you can start by walking a round your block once a day after one of your meals instead of turning on the TV. Oh and Don't forget to be thankful that you can still move!!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Fully participating in your healing is an act of courage and taking responsibility.

You must question the people who write you prescriptions and damm the doctor to hell that says there is no cure and the one who says how much time you have to live. I think that indicates that it is time to find another doctor.

Do you want to be well or managed?
Old 03-15-2009, 05:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Obviously I do not trust doctors especially the ones who aren't creative and who don't support hope in people who have serious illness.

I believe that any condition can be improved. I believe in complete healing especially when it comes to addiction.

I know that some people are born with conditions that do not change such as birth defects but the quality of life can be greatly enhanced by paying attention and learning what the body needs.

Let's also not forget the needs of the spirit and how a sick spirit can greatly contribute to sickness in the body.

What does the spirit need? The spirit needs love and connection. It also needs to feel gratitude. A grateful spirit is a happy connected spirit.

An ungrateful spirit is in a very empty place and can easily be lost. If you do not have anything to be grateful for I urge you find something simple like your breath and focus on your breathing and marvel at the mysteriousness of it and be very grateful that it works.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Kindness heals

Real love heals.

Not giving up on ones self heals.

Science well they can be very cruel and detached. If they just weren't so interested in the dollar they might do some good. I don't like that they are trying so hard to ban herbs, put mercury in vaccine, fluoride in the water, approve some pretty dangerous chemical compounds with side effects that are worse than the condition they treat.
If they would stop doing these things I would feel better about it. I don't like that the water coming out of the taps has all these anti-depressants and other meds in it either.

Healing does not always feel good. Even natures way hurts. You have to be very gentle with yourself while healing. Sugar and white flower make me hurt bad so that's why I avoid it. I know it hurts a lot of people to eat sugar so this is why I keep bringing it up.

I think sugar imbalance plays a key role in alcoholism. All alcoholics who are having a really hard time staying sober ought to give the Candida Diet a try. Understanding this diet will help you better understand the role sugar plays in drinking to excess.

It sure worked for me...I only had one relapse and it was really bad. The hangover ug! I can still feel how sick I was after the last time I got drunk and it was over 20 years ago. I don't crave alcohol that's for sure. It took me about a year to get over the mood swings and for my body to throw off the toxins. I am sooooooooo glad I got clean.

I also got clean from meth amp and pot. I reaaaalllllyyyy put a strain on my body with all the substances.

I feel really good still. Many of the people I went to school with are dead from drugs and alcohol it is up setting that so many of my old friends are gone. A friend of mine died last month he was way younger than me.

In the book "Farther Down The Road Less Traveled" the author calls addiction the sacred disease and that addicts miss home more than most people. But we are here for something too and we owe it to our soul and hearts to enjoy this life!

Enjoy enjoy your healing.

Be thou perfect.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Something I am trying to get across is there is a wealth of healing inside the body and by listening to your heart when it comes to doing what is best for you. You don't have to turn yourself over to anyone else care or rule.

This forum here has probably healed more addiction than a lot of doctors. A large part of healing addiction is about the spirit and you can't find nothing in the drug store to heal it. Spiritual healing happens when you do the right thing even when part of you would rather go get high or drunk.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Splendra, WOW, your very intelligent. I agree with what your saying about the body, and how we don't need drugs to heal our sicknesses. Love and Kindness are the best healers of all. When you have those things your mind is happy. The mind definitely rules the body. The problems with most addicts is that there minds are weak. Most of them anyway. Thanks for your words of wisdom. It is food for thought on this site.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

The mind body connection is so real but often times it is over looked. What are you saying to your body? Do you "love" your body? Listen to your thoughts listen to what you say to your body. If you "hate" your body you will give a powerful message to your body to be sick.

Every blessing and curse you utter will show up in your body. The body is the one "possession" you cannot do without and stay in the dimension we are in now.

Stop telling your body it is not good enough it has carried you this far be thankful! There are somethings you can change about your body just remember that chemical and surgical solutions often do more harm than good.