Quit three days ago, wierd symptoms!

Old 01-03-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quit three days ago, wierd symptoms!

Hi all,
This is my first posting. I have been reading the forums for some time now, B/c of my desire to quit. I did for five days, two weeks ago, but didn't stick with it drank for another drink. I was a pretty heavy drinker: every day and sometimes in the morning. Drink of choice - vodka.
I cannot wait for the wierd symptoms to end! Both last time and this time I am miserable. At some times I feel like running out to get a bottle to make the symptom just go away.Can anyone identify with these?:

Super-itchyness all over my body, mostly in the night and mornings.
Body twitchess out of nowhere. Again, mostly at night.
Bright yellow diarreha (sorry I know it is gross, but what the heck is going on?)
Lack of appetite.
Of course I have the shakes and the anxiety, but the first part of the list I don't understand.
I am going to AA, but there are some things I would rather talk about in anonymity (as in the third one above)
I look forward to hearing from you!
Old 01-03-2009, 04:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

IMO it would not be a bad idea if they continue beyond a week to make a visit to the doc, maybe something is a little out of synch and may need a helping hand or some vitamin is lacking etc. I am sure you will be fine though, not trying to worry you:-)

Well done for quitting:-)
Old 01-03-2009, 04:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had all of that. The yellow stuff could be bile. Are you eating well yet?
Old 01-03-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ending the Old Me.

Fairly normal WD symptoms for me at least until day 4-5. After that the crawling skin, anxiety and insomnia rapidly disappeared. My GI issues went away as I started back on solid foods after 3-4 days.
I really had no appetite for the first few days, try and eat light, soup, toast, etc. Nothing heavy, greasy or spicy. Bananas and oatmeal worked wonders for me and stay hydrated. Gatorade and Vitaminwaters help and popcicles are great.

All that being said, get a check up with your Dr. as soon as possible and be honest!
If anything seems to be getting worse, get to the hospital or urgent care ASAP. Some cruise thru WD's without too many issues and others die from it. It's like playing Russian Roulette.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree, I thought about the bile issue. Things are improving daily, however. Thanks for your reply.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Omega Man. I hear from most that the symptoms are mostly gone in 3-4 days. It gives me optimism. The worst is the insomnia.
Re: the doctor....Unfortunately I am job hunting and don't have insurance at this time. If it seems to get worse, I will go regardless. Socialized medicine, please! Fortunately one of my AA buddies is a doctor, so at least I have access to advice.
I slept a bit better last night but I am depending a bit on Benydryl at this point. But those crazy itchies and twitchies. I mean, my arm or leg will just kick out and wake me up! I read on line that it is a nervous system withdrawal. I am SO happy to be quitting. Alcohol does some REALLY wierd things to your body!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I liken the first few days to feeling like having the flu or feeling like I have been up for a couple days without sleep! Not fun!!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am at the same point you where when you 1st made this post.

Except I would get up & just throw up stomach acid. I haven't had anything to eat since Wednesday. I am hoping I can get some crackers & soup down today.

I have just decided I am so sick of feeling like crap durng every minute I was sober. Yesterday I was suppose to go drop off job applications & it was my husbands day off & we were going to go have lunch. I felt so crappy from drinking so much the few days before I could not hardly get out of bed.

I look back on how pretty I was just a yr ago & how this is taking such a tole on me, that some days I am living in sweat pants & T shirt.

God Bless!