Still having trouble coping

Old 02-13-2008, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still having trouble coping

It's been 28 days sober(let me rephrase--I haven't had a drink in 28 days) and I still feel like a stranger in my own body. I still get panic attacks, aches and pains, weird sensations such as dizziness and brain fog. When will I be able to function normally. I feel like I am still loaded. can someone tell me if this the normal process and how long will this last.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hey mad -

it's different for each person and depends on their current actions cush as meetings , nutrition, any medications and so on.

I won't say 'normal' ... let's call it 'common', okay? it gets better. trust. it does.

and I don't know if you're in a program or recovery, or if simply a personal commitment to recovery ... but it works. when you want it - it works.

good for you on your 28 days hon !!!!! hang in !!!
Old 02-13-2008, 10:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

28 days rock on! I didn't start to feel normal till around 40 days. Do a search for a thing called P.A.W.S may explain some symptoms. Your liver could also be in repair mode, wouldn't hurt to go get a blood test and see were its at. Keep on Keeping on
Old 02-13-2008, 11:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

info on PAWS is over on the alcoholism threads the stickies at the top, I think.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Grats on 28 days, what you are going through is very common, i'm at 76 days sober , and i still get those * surges of adreline* and dizzyness occasionally.
I know at your point in recovery it seems like it will never end , but i assure you it does, I thought i was gonna feel like that for the rest of my life lol, the first month to month and a half are the worst IMO , please just hang in there and do what every it takes to stay sober, your reward is waiting....

Best Wishes

Flood
Old 02-14-2008, 05:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!
Believe it or not, today I feel just a tad better than yesterday. My mood is definitely better. This has got to be the hardest thing I ever done in my life but I have noticed it is getting easier and easier by the day. Reading the posts and being able to vent hear is an incredible help. And to my fellow sisters and brothers on the path to recovery take it one moment at a time and keep keeping on! Sorry, for the tired cliches I'm new at this.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It is one of the toughest things I have ever done, and it is the most worthwhile thing I have ever done.
Hang in there!

It gets better and better.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-programs.html

Seren
Old 02-28-2008, 07:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Reading the posts and being able to vent hear is an incredible help.
I attribute my daily success to this forum - This place is awesome.