WaterShed?

Old 01-10-2008, 09:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

WaterShed?

Does anyone have any experience with the WaterShed treatment center that is located in Florida? (there is also one in Texas)

My DH has recently entered treatment and I am ashamed to say,,,it happened so quickly that we didn't really researched the facility as well as we should have.

I am a little anxious in regard to the uncertainty. Any experiences would be helpful. thanks.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I went to the one in Houston. I think the Florida facilities are nicer than the Texas one. I went there last year and I am still clean and sober. My experience is that it does not matter how good or bad the treatment center is. What matters is how ready the person is to make a change in their life.

Wishing you the best!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

I acutally recently just came out of the WaterShed located in Florida.

It is a very comfortable atmosphere with lots of nurses and techs there to help you with whatever you need. Food is acutally good as well, i remember having stuffed crab cakes there one night as well as flat steaks another night. (heck they even have a self serve ice cream machine there)

Daily activities start at 8:20 AM with the first of 6 meetings daily that they go to. You get to a see the medical Doctor once a day to talk about how you are doing and if there is anything they can do to help you be more at ease which is very convient.

They have a system of "Bands" while you stay there. While on Purple band (what you get when you first enter) you may not go anywhere alone or use the phone or participate in any physical activities(they have a pool, basketball court etc.) Once you make it to a blue band you may use the phone during phone hours which is around 4pm and then again at 9pm until lights out (11'30 pm) and you may also participate in physical things as well as walk around the complex alone. At orange band you are allowed to go to an Outside meeting twice a week with a supervisor (this is nice as it gets you away from the rehab facility for a little while)

Overall it is a very nice rehab facility and well worth the money. The only two grips I have with them is that the males are allowed NO contact WHATSOEVER with females while staying there and if you go there to be detoxed as well as rehab they kind of over medicate you the first few days while your there. I was on 40mg of methadone twice a day and found myself nodding off heavily the first 2 days there (excessive amount of methadone for my taper)

But like the above poster mentioned, it really doesnt matter if you go to the nicest rehab facility in the bahamas or a state run facility in the south bronx. It really all comes down to what the person in there is willing to do and work at to stay sober.

Hope that helped, be safe,
Scott
Old 01-11-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Boy,

Your post really helped. My DH called tonight with his therapist and had a family session with be via phone. One of the first things my DH said was that he was "pretty heavily sedated"-I was concerned.

I am a nurse and know about detox-but I also knew that my DH was not drinking every day, he was drinking about once a week and I think that they were being overly generous with the drugs to prevent DTs and seizures. When I expressed my alarm and the reason with the therapist-he explained that if my DH would go into Dts he would be sent to a hospital until he was stable. Then it made sense why they were being too generous with the drugs, however-they had already decreased his dose and he had only been there 12 hours.

I am glad to hear of a good report from you. BTW - how much is this place? They haven't said anything about payment yet.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

Hezzie --

Glad I could help a bit and im glad your DH seems to enjoy the place. Well cost is different for everybody I assume because of different health insurance plans but I did not have any insurance. For me I paid $26,000 for a 30 day treatment plan. Under $1,000 a day which isn't to bad.

If you have insurance then I think they bill your insurance company directly and then your insurance mails you what they are covering and what you owe WaterShed.

Hope that helped, be safe and I hope everything works out for you
Scott
Old 06-16-2010, 09:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HI,
my husband is at the watershed right now, can you tell me how long did you stay there?
They haven't tell me when he is coming back home.

thank you,
Old 01-26-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Money scam

BEWARE!!! The watershed said that my insurance was going to cover everything but $400 but after i left on my fourth day (thank god) because of all the other lies that go on explained in Mellisa's post i Got a bill For $1,499.63 per day after i found out that my insurance only covered %50 of the cost minus the deductible they lied, BIG TIME. Now i have a $6,000 bill i never saw coming and for only a four day stay.