Feeling The Progress

Old 11-18-2007, 02:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Feeling The Progress

If you merely wish for more, what you'll get the most of is frustration. Yet when you make use of what you have, what you'll get is real accomplishment.

When you complain about your situation in life, what you'll get is a lot of destructive, depressing anger and resentment. When you use your situation as a platform from which to move forward, what you'll get is the life you choose.

What you have does not matter nearly as much as what you decide to do with it. Where you are now is trivial when compared to the direction in which you are moving.

And you can move yourself in a positive, fulfilling direction no matter where you happen to be. You can create the life of your dreams no matter how much or how little you have with which to begin.

All the money in the world cannot equal the value of being alive, aware, and able to take action. That's exactly what you have in this very moment, and it's a treasure beyond compare.

Take the magnificent opportunity that is this day, and point it solidly, decisively in the direction of your dreams. Before the day is over, you'll already be feeling the progress.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That one is definately for me today my dear friend, thank you Ann.:ghug2
Old 11-18-2007, 04:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

And you can move yourself in a positive, fulfilling direction no matter where you happen to be. You can create the life of your dreams no matter how much or how little you have with which to begin.

All the money in the world cannot equal the value of being alive, aware, and able to take action. That's exactly what you have in this very moment, and it's a treasure beyond compare.
It's a good reminder for me too, Annie. There was a time, not so very long ago that I would not have believed the truth in those statements above. Today I know that life is a precious gift and each day brings its own treasures.

Hugs
Old 11-19-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Letting Go and Letting God

Want What I Have

Thanks for the message. It helped to center my mind today and hopefull will help it focus on my tasks at hand. My mind can so easily take me to places that are negative and unfulfilling, if I allow it. It's readings like that, readings in the Daily Reflections, and the Big Book that keep me centered. Now that I've quit drinking, I have to learn to live and that is the hardest thing I have ever done. Acceptance is my key. Thank you.