Choosing The Life We Lead

Old 09-30-2007, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Choosing The Life We Lead

You are reading from the book Each Day a New Beginning

Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them?
--Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

We choose the lives we lead. We choose sadness or happiness; success for failure; dread or excited anticipation. Whether or not we are conscious of our choices, we are making them every moment.

Accepting full responsibility for our actions is one of the requirements of maturity. Not always the easiest thing to do, but necessary to our further development. An unexpected benefit of accepting our responsibility is that it heightens our awareness of personal power. Our well being is within our power. Happiness is within our power. Our attitude about any condition, present or future, is within our power, if we take it.

Life is "doing unto us" only what we allow. And it will favor us with whatever we choose. If we look for excitement, we'll find it. We can search out the positive in any experience. All situations present seeds of new understanding, if we are open to them. Our responses to the events around us determine whatever meaning life offers. We are in control of our outlook. And our outlook decides our future.

This day is mine, fully, to delight in - or to dread. The decision is always mine.

From Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women by Karen Casey © 1982, 1991 by Hazelden Foundation.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Each Day A New Beginning...

Hi Ann,

This was my very first meditation book given to me at my very first Woman's Group at Mental Health for Addicted Woman. That was 19 years ago. It isn't falling apart yet but I have used it a lot with a lot of other meditation books for alcoholic woman.

Meditation and the Serenity Prayer were very helpful to me in my early sobriety. I needed the Serenity Prayer in all aspects of my life and remember reciting it many times a day.

kelsh
Old 10-01-2007, 02:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ann today I am starting anew with regards to my son. This is just the thing for me thank you.

hugs Annie
Old 10-01-2007, 02:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Annie, my prayers go with you and your son today, that even the storms bring you lovely rainbows.