Stop Merely Trying

Old 08-22-2007, 01:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Stop Merely Trying

Stop trying and start doing. When you see yourself as merely trying, you don't give yourself the benefit of a solid and complete commitment.

When you're merely trying, every minor disruption becomes a major excuse for not following through. Go beyond trying, see yourself as doing, and the little bumps along the way will be much less likely to stop you.

Would you rather have a trying life or a life overflowing with achievement and fulfillment? The difference comes by replacing all your trying with the full commitment of doing.

When you see yourself as trying to achieve something, you're constantly sending yourself a message that you really don't deserve it. Instead, choose to see yourself as actively making it happen and you'll become confident of a positive, successful outcome.

If you're merely trying, what's the point? Take one more step up on the ladder of commitment, and focus your energy on making it happen.

You deserve that very best that life has to offer. Go beyond just trying, and you will make it so.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One does not 'try'. One does; or, not.
Afterhaving done what one set out to do, one draws a line under it. The word is closure.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A counselor told me once when in treatment...after I said..."I'll try" to something she asked me if I could do.....she said BS....."try to get out of that chair".....that was enough for me. Sometimes things have to be broken down so dang simple and plain for me
Old 08-24-2007, 12:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love this Ann, thanks!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Me too Ann.