love/sex addiction resources

Old 07-22-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

love/sex addiction resources

i believe i am a codependent in a relationship with a serial philanderer (sex or love addict or both...i'm not sure). my spouse now says he is committed to living his life with "integrity" and is totally committed to me and to being faithful.........BUT, he continues to put himself in situations where he is ALONE with other women......and, ALWAYS tells me I am making a big deal out of "nothing"...

anyway, classic denial. and me, classic co-dependent, WANTS to believe him and doesn't want to call him on his stuff/tell him I'm out the door until he gets help/into recovery.

so, here is the problem. all the groups and all the resources i've found lump sex/love addicts in with child molestors and predators and rapists.........and, honestly, that is not the kind of behavior my husband has exhibited.............

so, can anyone point me towards any resources (books, websites, groups) that deal with the issue of sex/love addicts that are not also rapists, molestors, predators??

thanks!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome Gibby, I'm glad you found us.

Here are a couple of links that may help you, one is for s-anon which is people like you who love a sex addict.

http://www.sexaa.org/

http://www.sanon.org/

Hope this helps.

Hugs
Old 08-06-2007, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Educational Site

Did some searching. There is a purely educational site with info. on different addiction sources. There is a section on sex addiction

readytoquit.com
Old 08-14-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been reading a book titled When You Love Too Much about relationship addictions. I'm not far enough into it to know if it's helpful or not...but at least resources do exist