Recover

Old 07-06-2007, 02:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Recover

If, at some point, your day gets pushed in a negative direction, it doesn't have to stay that way. You can quickly and completely recover.

The distractions and disruptions will surely come along. Yet you do not have to let any of them ruin your whole day.

There's never any need to wait until tomorrow to make a fresh start. Instead, you can choose to immediately let go of whatever has thrown you off course.

You can decide to begin moving forward again right away. Keep in mind that the number of times you fall is not nearly as important as how quickly you get back up.

Don't allow an isolated frustration, disappointment or change in plans to turn into a whole day's worth of negative momentum. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself, you can be moving forward.

Recover quickly, get back up and get going again with renewed determination. Nothing will be able to hold you back for long.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Too many times I have carried around a resentment over some small annoyance in my day. I let it occupy my head and distract me from my work or my relaxation, I shared it with anyone who cared to listen, I grumbled and snarled and wore it like a well worn pair of jeans. "My day is ruined" I would decide.

How much better it would be for me to just "let it go". If I don't "entertain" my resentments they tend to get bored and slip away. How much better if I just made a decision to "start over" my day, even at 3 in the afternoon or 7 at night. I can if I choose to and the trick is to remember that I have a choice.

Hugs
Old 07-08-2007, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Determination and staying focused seems to help me.