Life Changes

Old 06-04-2007, 02:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Life Changes

Even the most pleasurable experience can become dull and unpleasant if it continues on and on with no end. Even the most magnificent surroundings can feel like a prison if you're unable to take a break from them.

Life thrives on variety and change. When you keep yourself stuck in a rut, no matter how satisfying that rut may be, it gets old and can be very draining.

When you're constantly fighting against change, even if you succeed in keeping things the same you render yourself unable to enjoy them. Because you're always worried that they will not last.

When, on the other hand, you accept that change is part of life, you will enable yourself to enjoy and to fully live every moment you're in. You'll also be able to look more confidently and enthusiastically toward the future instead of dreading it.

Yes, with change there is risk, yet there is also enormous opportunity. Change gives life richness and meaning, and makes possible all sorts of achievements that no one has yet even considered.

Embrace and celebrate the dynamic, changing nature of life. And you'll find each day to be a unique and joyful blessing.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yes, with change there is risk, yet there is also enormous opportunity. Change gives life richness and meaning, and makes possible all sorts of achievements that no one has yet even considered.
I used to be afraid of change or annoyed because it disturbed my comfortable little world. But my fear never stopped change or influenced the outcome and time has taught me that with change comes growth and new gifts, just as with the change of seasons.

Today I embrace the opportunities and gifts that lay ahead and that are only possible through change.

Hugs
Old 06-04-2007, 03:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

How I needed that today Ann, I am projecting and catastropizing about my son and things that haven't yet happened. I need to stop and take stock.

Thank you Annie
Old 06-04-2007, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann. I feel myself being scared all the time right now. I just started attending AA again and I'm trying to make connections there. I'm also interviewing and will soon start a new job. It's all so uncomfortable to me. At the same time I know I need to make changes because I have been stuck in the same place for so long.

Thank you.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Life is, indeed, contingent. These contingencies are, often, unforeseen and unpredictable. There are contengencies that are unpleasnt, even traumatic. The response is not always life affirming. Coping skills have limits; particularly if they were never robust.

There is no general answer worthy of the name to the contingent nature of moratal life. Each mortal find his own path.

Having seen the elephant, there is no event that would elicit discomfort or distress on my part.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Oh yes, life is all about change, growth and a dash of spontanaiety. Without wisdom, newness, challenges +excitment we're just gettin' old for the sake of it.