Give This Day a Purpose

Old 05-28-2007, 02:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Give This Day a Purpose

This day will soon end, yet there's a way to always preserve the value that it offers. Give this day a purpose, and make use of this day to fulfill that purpose.

With no purpose, the hours will slip by and the unique abundance of this day will quickly be gone forever. With no purpose, this day is nothing more than a meaningless span of time to be endured.

With a clear and meaningful purpose, however, this day can be transformed into a beautiful and lasting treasure. Instead of a day that will soon be forgotten, you can make it into a day that will always be remembered.

A purpose for this day will give you your very own pathway for accomplishment. A purpose for this day will help you to move past the meaningless distractions and to recover quickly from the painful setbacks.

This day is a unique moment in time. Make the most of it by focusing its special beauty and value in a meaningful and positive direction.

Give this day a purpose, and you give your life a lasting gift. Give this day a purpose, and you can add real value to your world.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Smile

i only have today I won't waste it dwelling on the past or preoccupied with the future. Being of service, not being critical, being good to myself and to those in my life -that is my purpose today.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Give this day a purpose, and you give your life a lasting gift. Give this day a purpose, and you can add real value to your world.
I used to hate Mondays, just the beginning of a long work week and nothing special. Until I realized that each day brings its own special gifts, perhaps a person I will meet, or something I will do that I have never done before. One seventh of my life will be Mondays and that's too much time to waste just putting in the day.

Just for today I will find the "special" gifts and live my life with gratitude for even the hard lessons I learn along the way.

Hugs