Habit of Success

Old 04-02-2007, 02:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Habit of Success

What you do consistently and repeatedly grows stronger. And that provides you with nearly unlimited opportunity.

Success is not a secret that is hidden from you. Success is a habit that is readily available to you.

Life is made up of moment after moment. Point all those moments in the same direction, and truly magnificent achievements will come about.

There are very few things of value that you can create instantly. Yet when you expand your horizon to a few weeks or months, the possibilities for achievement increase dramatically.

The hours and the days will pass whether you make use of them or not. Choose to focus your energy in a specific direction, again and again, and put the power of time to work for you.

Keep your thoughts, your words and your actions pointed in the direction you would most like to go. Develop the habit of success, and with it you can create whatever you choose.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The hours and the days will pass whether you make use of them or not. Choose to focus your energy in a specific direction, again and again, and put the power of time to work for you.
I have a friend who hesitated to go back to law school to become a lawyer, because he was 45 and would be heading toward 50 before he had finished school and his articling (apprenticeship) with a law firm.

I remember saying to him at the time, "you will be 50 anyway one day, would you rather be doing what you are doing or be a lawyer when the time comes?"

Time passes whether we use it wisely or not. We can't stop the progression of time, but we can change what we do with the time we have today.

Hugs
Old 04-02-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks Ann it's always a joy to read your posts.

(((Annie)))
Old 04-02-2007, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes ann time is precious... i wish i would have known that 21 yrs back. but life goes on. and today i live life as if it were my last day to live. thank you ann.