Reflections of Ourselves

Old 04-01-2007, 05:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Reflections of Ourselves

You are reading from the book Touchstones

Any idea, person or object can be a Medicine Wheel, a mirror for man. The tiniest flower can be such a mirror, as can a wolf, a story, a touch, a religion, or a mountaintop.
--Hyemeyohsts Storm

The ancient spiritual teachings of the Cheyenne Indians tell us that we meet ourselves in almost everything we confront. A group of men spending a night on a mountaintop will each have a different experience. One may be overcome with a sense of awe, another may spend every moment gripped by fear, and another may sleep the night away. While the mountain is the same, each has brought himself to it and has a different experience. When we meet an animal, feel a touch, or take a hike down the street, we see a reflection of ourselves and of humanity.

This day is a Medicine Wheel for each of us. Our response to today's circumstances will tell us more about ourselves. We need not waste energy judging ourselves harshly, but learn from our feelings and reactions. Our reflections point the way for further growth.

Today, I will look for my own reflection in what I meet and for the reflection of all humanity.

From Touchstones: A Book of Daily Meditations for Men ©1986, 1991 by Hazelden Foundation.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks Ann today I will do the same.

indie