The Power of Forgiveness

Old 03-08-2007, 03:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The Power of Forgiveness

Inflicting pain on someone else cannot do anything to ease your own pain. When you have been hurt, there is nothing to be gained by passing the hurt on to another.

When others have caused you pain, give forgiveness. Sincere forgiveness is the fastest way to begin moving positively forward again.

Forgiveness does not mean that you agree with or condone whatever has been done. It means that you no longer choose to let those past actions hold you back.

Your willingness to forgive does not mean that you are willing to be hurt again. In fact, forgiveness frees you to take positive steps that will make you stronger and much less vulnerable.

When you feel the desire for revenge, stop and remind yourself that there is a much more powerful response. Forgiveness is the way to put yourself in the best possible position.

Can you find the strength to forgive? Forgive, and you will surely grow stronger.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have heard it said that forgiveness is the antidote to resentments, that when we let go of the pain we attach to something, we free our souls to move on and be free.

Hugs
Old 03-11-2007, 10:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree...I am trying to forgive someone who left me and who treated me horribly...someone whom I allowed to treat me horribly. Some days I feel like I am forgiving...some days I feel like saying I forgive is a lie....